Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let them eat cake

Yesterday I had a rare Saturday night off (I've worked 11 out of the last 13 days--so much for working only part-time!) so I decided to go see Marie Antoinette. Even though the movie hasn't been getting a lot of positive reviews, I think it's still worth seeing on the big screen just to see all the food and cakes, as well as the lavish costumes and shoes.

Afterwards my husband and I went for dinner at Hermitage on Robson Street. Although I don't have any pictures, the meal was excellent. I started with the duck confit with white beans and salad and then followed it with the veal chop, a perfect medium rare. My husband had the seared foie gras with armagnac and grape sauce on toasted brioche followed by a main course of sweetbreads and kidneys in a bone marrow bordelaise sauce. We enjoyed the meal with a bottle of Mercurey 1er Cru 2001 pinot noir from Burgundy.

No comments: