Thursday, May 21, 2009

Simple Solutions Are Always The Best

Another slap on the forehead this morning. I'm starting to get a headache.

The Windows Server was erroring out during setup. It turns out that if you are going to run setup from floppy disks (the PC I'm using doesn't boot from DVD ROM), you have to copy the new txtsetup.sif file from the slipstreamed \I386 directory to Setup Floppy Disk #1. Hey, you live and you learn. I trashed quite a few DVDs because I thought there was a problem writing to them. So, the OS now installs with the SP3 files intact.

What The?

I'm having no end to problems with slipstreaming Windows Server. Errors are popping up all over the place, and I've created quite a few coasters in the process. I will figure this thing out, though. Oh, nothing for the job hunt, yet.

No comments: